In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I think part of why he sent it to me is that he knew he would see pics of me in it on the Net and it would promote his group!
- Actually, this blog might be more interesting if I put loads of pics on it!
- This pic was originally a photo of my lovely yellow birthday rose.
- I tried taking some videos today with the digicam, so no pics to post for now.
- The pics and wallpapers that I put together for the community were received very well.
- I have elected to dive the site again to get some fish pics and close-ups.
- His penwork is a bit uncertain, but there are some fine pics among these panels.
- I've been forwarding the news briefs and pics found here to my local press.
- I'm waiting for sister to send me the pics she took yesterday so I can update my pic on the blog.
- You can have lots of ugly old photo frames, with masses of pics of yourself in smart places or with famous people.
- At one point, we were both taking a pic of a photographer capturing a bride and groom on film.
- I'll be posting more pics later, but anyone care to guess where the pic was taken?
- I took several photos of friends, so if I took your pic and you want a copy emailed, just let me know.
- You should know that they didn't have any other suitable pics so my photo HAD to be good enough.
- I got some pics too, but they are on film, so will have to wait for processing and scanning.
- Anyway, if you want to see him, we uploaded a couple of pics we took of him on the photo page.
- The other pics are available on their own page within the photos section.
- Tonight, I'm writing a list of all the pics we need at tomorrow's video filming.
- They might even take a pic and some text from me for a match programme.
- I've not got enough pics for the bridal fair, and we need to put together our album fairly soon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.