In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person)recolector masculinorecolectora femenino
- Additional pressured water is required for mechanical pickers.
- The action, led by the Coalition of Workers, follows a work stoppage last December and a hunger strike by six tomato pickers two seasons ago.
- They note that if the company paid one cent more for each bushel of tomatoes, tomato pickers ' wages could be roughly doubled.
- Homer leaves the orphanage and ends up working with migrant apple pickers.
- The blues were in part the cotton pickers' lament for a life of serfdom.
- Today's tomato pickers toil in often dangerous conditions for rock-bottom wages; they must pick two tons of tomatoes to earn just $50.
- But while the migrant pickers may be footloose, they are not carefree.
- The chanterelle is the perfect specimen for novice mushroom pickers to spot.
- She then worked as a fruit picker to raise her children.
- Police are still questioning seven people over the deaths of the Chinese cockle pickers.
- Likewise, another film highlights the problems of child rag pickers in Delhi.
- They provide gloves, bags and litter pickers and they also remove the collected rubbish.
- How great were the reductions in monitoring and turnover costs wrought by the tractor and the mechanical cotton picker?
- A mechanical tomato picker developed at public expense by researchers, for instance, greatly reduced labour costs for the large farms that could afford the machine's initial cost.
- They drive out of the camp and see a sign asking for cotton pickers.
- Mushroom pickers are hailing this autumn's harvests as among the best in recent memory.
- Investigations are continuing after raids on tomato and capsicum pickers and packers near the town.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.