In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pastel masculinopai masculino México América Central(savory) empanada femenino(savory) pastel masculino
- However, you won't end up with a well-balanced diet if you simply swap meat pies for cheese sandwiches and salt and vinegar crisps.
- Meat pies, joints of mutton, and other hearty foods are most likely to be served.
- Biscuits, cakes, pastries, meat pies, sausages, hard cheese, butter and foods containing lard, coconut or palm oil all tend to be high in saturated fats.
- Pour the cooled sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the pie dish and cover with puff pastry.
- Pour the filling in the pie dish, and fold the flaps of dough over the borders of the filling.
- Ella had her eye on a strawberry-topped pie with a pastry base and firm custardlike filling.
- Fill the pastry case with the pumpkin mixture and bake the pie on the hot baking tray for 15 minutes.
- Shoppers can stock up on a wide range of goods including honey, free range eggs, organic vegetables, jams and chutney fresh meats, cheeses and pies.
- For a main dish bake a pie with pumpkin, yam and potato.
- The food basket was stuffed with savory meat pies, potato salad and a wonderful deep-dish apple pie for dessert.
- Brigid secretly took a basket from the kitchen and stored some fruits, meats and pies in it.
- The trick here is to understand that you're eating a meat pie, and not some exquisite culinary treat.
- Meat pies would be dished up with sauce squeezed by the lady behind the counter and full strength beers would be served in bottles.
- My favourite dish is his pecan pie, unquestionably the best I've ever eaten.
- I grabbed the meat pies that I had baked out of the oven and threw them on a platter.
- At least 75 per cent of our salt is found in processed foods such as ready-made meals, some breads and breakfast cereals, meat pies, soups, sauces, and cheese.
- There many meats, chickens, fruits and vegetables, pies and desserts.
- For oven meals all you need are casserole dishes in a few sizes, a roaster, some pie plates for meat pies and quiches, and pizza pans.
- There was a market where men were selling hearty vegetables, fruit, and fresh meat pies that they had labored over to produce profit.
- Put the potato into a piping bag with a 2cm plain nozzle and pipe on to the meat mixture in the pie dish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.