In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cochinillo masculinolechón masculinochanchito masculino América Latina
- The isolated piglets lost more weight than the transported piglets, and their glucose levels were lower.
- The British fox is an opportunist predator, which kills poultry, new-born lambs and piglets, as well as young hares and wild ground-nesting birds.
- The sow is taken away to be made pregnant again, and is forced to produce as many piglets as possible until she is literally exhausted.
- Children will also delight in the baby piglets, kittens, ducks, and hens that roam free.
- Stars of the stamps include a pig and piglets, a Border Collie puppy and a duck and a drake.
- The raptors enjoy a year-round diet of piglets, but also prey on foxes.
- Although generating swine clones appears to pose more technical difficulties than bovine clones, once piglets are born, they appear to be healthy.
- Everyone seems to adore the babies, particular our very young piglets and our ducklings.
- They frequently kill chickens, ducks, and even lambs and piglets.
- However, many piglets die from having mommy pig accidentally crush them.
- In many areas where there are feral pigs, wild sows and piglets are captured, male shoats castrated, and then the pigs are housed or penned.
- The only things living were a sow, her piglets, and some hens scratching in the dirt.
- Their pigs forage in fields and woods, their sows only produce two litters of piglets a year and pigs are prepared at the farm butchery, so there's no transport of live animals.
- It's worth a look, if only to spot the adorable striped wild piglets!
- Over the weekend and during the school holidays families can hope that their chosen piglet crosses the line first in the pig races.
- Of course, the piglet, like all animal models, has its limitations, including relative developmental maturity at birth.
- The width at the bottom will let the sow be comfortable when lying down and the piglets will be able to reach the teats.
- For the children a special attraction is the petting zoo allowing them to see and touch foals, piglets, lambs and chicks.
- Recent research has shown that yoghurt can cure diarrhea in pigs, one of the main killers of piglets in local farms.
- Children can handle and feed new born calves, piglets, goats, lambs, chicks and rabbits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.