In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1peregrinación femeninoto go on a pilgrimage — ir de peregrinación
- I made a pilgrimage to my parents' old house — fui en peregrinación a la antigua casa de mis padres
- Cutting short his pilgrimage, he immediately left for Tamil Nadu to live the life of a singing saint.
- It also has a religious pilgrimage on March 16 to bless the waters of Lake Masaya.
- Like all religious pilgrimages, the Goddess pilgrimage is made for the purpose of devotion, but it is also at some level a feminist liberatory project and protest.
- If you were going on a pilgrimage tour, where would you go?
- There we offered prayers for a successful pilgrimage and got our rudraksha rosaries sanctified by the priest.
- Luke reports that Jesus accepted invitations to many parties in the Galilee and on his pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
- The Hajj is a real pilgrimage - a journey, with rites and rituals to be done along the way.
- This year the pilgrims were able to walk the pilgrimage.
- The Feast of the Sacrifice comes at the end of the Hajj - the pilgrimage to Mecca - and signals the end of the Islamic year.
- The discussion of prayer and pilgrimages, fasting and forgiveness, is both insightful and enticing.
- The participation of these Gentiles in the pilgrimage to Jerusalem with the offering for the poor symbolized their share in this righteous activity.
- People making a pilgrimage are expected to sacrifice a goat or sheep and offer the meat to the poor.
- Any crusader could claim to be going on a pilgrimage for God - pilgrims did not have to pay tax and they were protected by the Church.
- Three times a year - on Passover, Shavuot and Sukkot - we made the pilgrimage to Jerusalem.
- If a person does not have the financial means, then that person is not required to do the pilgrimage or the Umrah.
- A pilgrimage to Medina is often made in conjunction with the pilgrimage to Mecca in order to visit the tombs and shrines of Muhammad, his family, and the first three caliphs.
- The fifth Pillar is the Hajj, the pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca, in present-day Saudi Arabia, which every Muslim must make at some time in his or her life.
- Bretons are also noted for their pilgrimages.
- It is a clear order that the pilgrimage and the Umrah should be done exactly in the manner he did or approved.
- I'd remind them that this is a pilgrimage and a pilgrimage does mean some walking.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.