In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for pills)pastillero masculino
- Medication calendars or pillboxes labeled with the days of the week can help patients and caregivers know when medications have or have not been taken.
- Never mix two different drugs in the same pillbox.
- His face adorns pillowcases, posters, power toys and pillboxes.
- There are figurines amassed by Christie's father, 20th-century pottery of Anthony's and watches and pillboxes of Christie's.
- Some people put their pills in a daily pillbox and use alarms to remind themselves to take their medicines.
- He quickly made a mental list of the empty pillboxes he found on the floor.
- The special category winner was Annie May Cullanlou for her hand painted pillbox.
- Provide a written dosing schedule, pictures of medications, daily or weekly pillboxes, alarm clocks, pagers, or other reminders.
- Try strategies such as organizing your medications for the week in a pillbox, linking your med times to regular events like meals, or marking a calendar when you take your meds.
2also pillbox hat(worn by women) casquete masculino(worn by soldiers, bellboys) gorra femenino
- There is evidence of mine clearing activities, movements of soldiers, bunkers around buildings and military pillboxes perched on the tops of hills.
- The observant visitor to the Norfolk coast can hardly fail to notice its abundant Second World War defences, especially pillboxes.
- Examples of less ambitious fortifications abound, like the concrete pillboxes, often hexagonal, which dot southern England.
- A better coastal trip is the southern route along to Agrigento, dotted with the pillboxes left behind after the war.
- The survey looked at buildings, from small pillboxes to aircraft hangars, including an unusual water board supply bunker at Blunsdon.
- Dutch Harbor is an easy two-hour flight from Anchorage, and the area is covered with reminders of the war, from concrete pillboxes to a large, underground hospital.
- The objective was a ridge with strong points and pillboxes.
- We had to use grenades to get at the Germans in the cement pillboxes, throwing them through the holes to knock their guns out.
- The mobile Sherman tanks were not as effective because of the rubble, so they would be hidden in buildings to operate like a pillbox.
- There is a set of features along its entire length - World War II defence emplacements, otherwise known as pillboxes.
- He jumped on top of the pillbox, recharged the magazine, threw a grenade in through the door, fired his Sten gun into the box, killing two Germans and making the remainder prisoners.
- One first world war pillbox was monitored, as were over 40 second world war examples.
- When I landed I was carrying a 25-pound explosive which I was given to blow up a pillbox on the beach.
- He almost single-handedly captured two pillboxes on the Mont Fleury Battery and took more than 20 prisoners.
- Concrete pillboxes stand as if abandoned only hours before, huge guns still point to sea covering narrow deepwater channels, and everywhere is the detritus of a vanquished army.
- He was dealing with the first part of the events that won him the VC, getting on top of the pillbox and chucking grenades into it.
- Sandbag-lined bunkers and hastily-constructed concrete pillboxes rose sporadically out of the churned land.
- Concrete pillboxes were constructed above the high tide mark, soldiers occupied some of the cottages along the shore front and guards prevented anyone going on the beach at night.
- As a member of the Western Front Association, he is currently trying to save a concrete pillbox on Rochdale Road East, not far from Heywood Cemetery.
- It has more than two kilometres of trails, a five-acre lake, wartime pillboxes and new woodland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.