In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sammy is famous for making pachinko machines, which are apparently a cross between a slot machine and pinball.
- Earlier this month Sega said it was planning to merge with Sammy Corporation, a maker of pinball gaming machines and software.
- I yelled while trying to score something on the stupid pinball machine.
- A quick tour of the camp turned up more cute boys than we could count, and a pinball machine in the game room.
- The mechanics, look and gameplay of pinball are pretty limited.
- I doubt that it would have gotten as much play time if it was some run-of-the-mill pinball machine with a generic theme.
- This is also a good movie because your parents can go out to the lobby, play pinball and then come back without losing the plot.
- The cars never see the inside of a garage, because you wouldn't notice them there and because the garage is full of archaic games and pinball machines.
- Once we had this cool old pinball machine that some old guy named Clancy left.
- The game is part pinball, part fast-moving Sonic-esque adventure in which the pinballs can be made to jump to collect gold coins.
- Jared and Jake where in an intense game of pool while Mike was playing with the pinball machine when I walked in.
- With six floors it covers everything from pinball machines to video games.
- And while you play pinball you have another game playing together.
- If Gina wouldn't go there was always someone else willing to hang out and watch me play pinball with me instead of going home.
- Other residents lost a collection of old board games, pinball machines, vintage clothes and old books.
- He shouted at her over the beeps and dings of pinball machines and video games, pointing toward the back.
- What's more, he keeps on bringing up some stupid pinball game on the computer so that I can't see the map properly.
- Competing against a friend to see who can wrack up the highest score is what makes pinball fun.
- They vandalized the arcade and 40 pinball machines and injured six security personnel guarding the arcade.
- We strolled around through the flashing, neon lights and loud pinball machines.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.