In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1notificación de despido femenino
- One week ago, approximately 250 employees received pink slips.
- When so many workers are given pink slips at once, it gets in the news - and the labor department, which tracks this data, reports that there were more than 2,000 mass layoffs last year.
- There's another reason to be on your best behavior in December: the possibility pink slips will show up in some stockings.
- The company declined to comment on reports that as many as one in ten of its 160,000 US employees could receive pink slips.
- Across the country, school and hospital personnel are being handed pink slips, environmental protections are being scaled back, unemployment is rising, and our roads and bridges are crumbling.
- This request for donations came to us the very same week that our activity aides received their pink slips.
- The 60-foreign contract workers will be given pink slips once their contracts are up, the company said.
- We're sure the company could use some refinements, but we doubt the 1700 admin, marketing and support staff about to get pink slips will be too happy about it.
- It's about the emotional trauma suffered by those who get caught-up in the blizzard of pink slips in today's harsh, corporate climate.
- While other city employees have received pink slips, no cops are scheduled to be laid off.
- Analog initially estimated that 509 employees would receive pink slips, but only 439 workers were ultimately laid off.
- A Thanksgiving Day morale booster for federal air marshals has instead turned into possible pink slips for air cops who ignore their strict dress code.
- Dealers were left with large inventories of parts and no factory support, while thousands of employees received pink slips with their last paychecks three days before Christmas.
- Bank One has recently announced that 5,100 employees will get pink slips.
- In the Department of Transportation, pink slips will go out to 83 workers, mostly at city parking lots and at the Staten Island ferry, which would see its already crowded rush-hour service reduced by 25 percent.
- I intend today's post to answer several lingering questions about what happened yesterday when I lost my job and about events that led up to the final pink slip.
- The computer staff will get pink slips too, but it is reasonable to infer the axe will fall most heavily on software sales and back office workers.
- Here is a man so richly deserving of a pink slip that his dismissal on such minor grounds leaves a sour taste.
- Right around Christmas time, people were receiving pink slips.
- The workers given pink slips this week include employees and contractors.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.