1(seed)pepita femeninosemilla femenino
- That explains why all the fruit has nasty pips in it.
- This machine breaks the skins of the grapes but doesn't press them, and removes all stalks and some of the pips.
- It has hard flesh and many pips and is too sour and astringent to eat raw; but it has a delicious fragrance and when cooked with adequate sweetening develops a fine flavour and turns pink.
- Place the fruit, rind and pips in a large bowl and cover with cold water.
- For a more modest production run, take one pint of double cream and grate the rind of two lemons into it, plus the pips.
- They can be blocked by phenolic compounds, which are already known to be found in the pips and skin of grapes.
- Some winemakers go so far as to crush the pips of the grapes in order to extract as much bitter tannin as possible.
- However, weather can trick the plant, meaning sugar levels can indicate ripeness while the pip of the grape remains hard or green.
- Sometimes, time chews up your memories and spits them out like grape pips.
- At first I think the firemen were a bit bewildered but after 20 minutes or so on their hands and knees they were finding seed pips.
- I quite like oranges, but the pips spoil them, and peeling them is hard work.
- Strain the liquid off carefully through muslin making sure that no pips or pulp get through.
- Our grandchildren planted some Braeburn apple pips and they have all grown.
- Some foods, especially fruit skins and pips can swell in the gut causing blockages.
- The daughter puts some raisins in the mother's mouth after removing their pips.
- You can propagate by division, from proliferations or pips, or from seed.
- We both have grapefruit pip stories from our childhood, but in Joanna's case the pips grew into trees for 35 years without producing a flower or fruit!
- Let the oranges cool then cut into quarters, remove pips and any hard stalk.
- And it's really good - heavy on the lemons and probably a little heavy on the pips too but it tastes great.
- Cut each passionfruit in half and scoop out the pips and pulp with a small spoon into a sieve set over a bowl.
1(on dice, domino)punto masculino
- The number of pips showing on the ten are the units digit of the score, and the total number of pips showing on the Jack and Queen (which may be face up or face down) are the tens digit.
- The total pips revealed denotes the team's score.
- Numeral cards have roman numbers and can also be recognised by counting the pips.
- Joker can't be used, and deuce can only be used as pip value.
- For purpose the picture cards count 12 and 11 and the pip cards have their face value.
- Remember that an exposed double scores the total of its pips.
- Any combination of cards adding up to 15 pips scores 2 points.
- At the end of the hand, each player gets the total number of pips in his hands.
- In both cases, the players who did not domino score the total of the pips on the tiles left in their hand.
- They include a bizarre grand piano, not only reconstructed by Philip Webb but in addition decorated by Kate Faulkner with playing-card pips, mottoes and whorls of gilt gesso-work.
- If the game is blocked, the partnership with the smallest total of pips on their tiles gets one point for the round.
- Most of the pip card are worth their face value, which is added to the value of the pile.
- The cards are arranged on the table so that the number of pips showing shows the team's current score.
- All previous decks had shown pips like a normal pack of playing cards.
- In the diagram, the match has just ended because E & W have 12 pips.
- To score, the pip value of each card in a row, column or diagonal is summed.
- Each domino with 10 pips - - is worth 10 points to the side that wins it in their tricks.
- Joker has no value at the finish, and deuce has only pip value.
- Some players count the pip cards 2 to 9 as all worth 5 points.
- Each player gets the total number of pips left in his hand.
(on uniform)estrella femenino
- She found herself with captain's pips on her collar at the tender age of eighteen.
- I noticed that all-important pip on his shoulder.
- I did not even have time to get out of the door before a man in a white shirt full of shoulder pips and a stern look on his face appeared to warn me off taking action.
- The other man was solidly built, and dressed in a black uniform, two golden pips on each shoulder, and with his hands gloved in a similar black.
- He was in full dress uniform, black with golden pips and a red beret.
- Personnel were walking every which way behind the command station, which held a beautiful, buxom blonde wearing captain's pips.
1pitido masculinowait for the pips — espere a oír la señal
- When logging off, the device will emit three short pip sounds to indicate testing has finished.
- He heard the pips of a radio time-signal as he neared the kitchen.
- No, I wanted to know the real time, checked daily against the daily 8am BBC Radio pips.
- We made do with the pips on digital Radio 2, and the engaged burr of mobiles as the servers overflowed.
1enfermedad infecciosa de las aves de corral
- Rearing turkeys was no easy job even in small numbers and diseases such as pip and gape took their toll despite good care and attention.
1to pip sb/sth (to sth)
- the Italian film was just pipped to the prize — le arrebataron el premio a la película italiana
- Millions of viewers voted for their favourite, with Will pipping rival Gareth Gates in the final.
- And the 25-year-old may one day pip Armstrong in Paris.
- There was the same result in the breaststroke while, in freestyle, Sean reversed the placings, narrowly pipping his brother.
- Brave Ranger 9/4 finished strongly to just pip Sallins Prince for second place by a head.
- Shearer also picked up the goal of the season award for his volley against Everton and just pipped City's Darren Edmondson to the prize.
- But the best comeback was by White, who came from 36-31 down to pip Andy Buckley.
- Inverness only pipped Clyde on the final day for the First Division title.
- In the semi-finals, Gregson took the final pink to pip Mark Dodds 64-56, while York first teamer Gall beat York second teamer Dave Sanderson 51-39.
- He didn't just pip the previous record, he's beaten it out of sight.
- The Laois team came fourth in the competition and were narrowly pipped by first two points for third place.
- Ireland's team made a heroic effort and were just pipped for the bronze medal.
- Here, Leeds were just pipped by three points by rivals Bingley Harriers.
- They were none too pleased to be pipped by just one point in the final round.
- His comments come after a survey named Elvis as having the most iconic hairstyle - pipping David Beckham for the crown.
- Meanwhile, the socialists were pipped into second place by the National Front by 0.7 %.
- Last year was the second hottest on record, pipped only by 1998.
- To my eye the Coupe just pips the Roadster as the ultimate modern classic.
- She finished with silver having controlled from the start only to be pipped on the line.
- Cedric Botha just managed to pip Des Barnard in the C division.
- Thus on the last day he only needed to pip Hargan by one second to claim the yellow jersey.