In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1émbolo masculinopistón masculinopiston stroke — carrera del émbolo femenino
- Modified piston valves were also fitted to counteract the high coal consumption as the originals became worn.
- Then the piston moves back up to compress this fuel/air mixture.
- Jet engines are crucial: They're faster than piston engines and far safer.
- A hydraulic hammer is basically a hydraulically powered reciprocating piston inside of a body.
- The five mobile panels (one flap, four sliding) are activated by hydraulic pistons.
- The cylinders have to be right and their fit with the piston rings perfect.
- Adkins' solution was to affix his gas piston to the standard recoil spring plug.
- Another system uses hydraulic pistons that mount to a wood platform.
- The resulting explosion pushes a piston, which is attached to a connecting rod.
- Each explosion would release enough force to push the piston.
- The aluminum block has ductile iron cylinder liners and is filled with JE pistons.
- The force of the resulting explosion pushes the piston down the cylinder for the exhaust stroke.
- Besides leaving salt deposits, rusting internal parts and causing valve damage, water in an engine also makes short work of pistons and cylinders.
- When the trigger is pulled, the compressed air expands and drives the piston forward.
- The bore is often pitted and the gas piston is usually corroded.
- The stroke is the distance that the piston moves up and down.
- The resulting explosions of fuel and air drive the pistons which turn the crankshaft.
- The engine's camshaft drives the pump pistons through a roll rocker arm.
- The piston in its cylinder rocked, trembled, didn't move.
- The central control circuit then sends a control signal to the driver's circuit for the accumulator piston.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.