In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(tree, wood)pino tea masculino
- After the Virginia pine established, most trees experienced a release in growth in the 1960s; this 1960s release event was not identified in the pitch pine from the same site.
- Today, Steinauer explains, they've either been developed or invaded by pitch pine and scrub oak.
- An external porch with slate floor leads to a large entrance hall with an elegant staircase made of pitch pine.
- We sampled vegetation and developed pitch pine and Virginia pine tree-ring chronologies from the midslope and the mountaintop.
- Among its features is the large fitted kitchen with a plumbed island unit built from pitch pine which was recycled from an old church in France.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.