In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I also fail to understand why Mediterraneo's pita bread can't be fresher.
- Try pinto beans with chickpea hummus on pita bread, or a black bean soup.
- You can even try a low-fat tortilla or pita bread instead.
- All the bread they use, from pita to the crust of Turkish pizza, is baked fresh in a traditional clay oven.
- What of the man balancing a four-foot-long flat of pita on his head as he swims through all these vibrant people?
- No one will thank you for that mean little tub of hummus and packet of pitta bread you bought at the corner shop.
- The main part of my diet consists of fish and meat, such as the traditional souvlaki meat eaten in pita bread.
- Tea and wheat products such as chapattis or pitta bread adversely affect iron absorption
- I like real food; pitta bread not garlic pitta bread.
- We had the wine, the sparkling water, the started salad, the starter garlic pita bread and then pizzas all round.
- The store offers either pita bread or Italian focaccia stuffed with beef, chicken or tuna.
- For dinner, all I had was pita bread, hummus, spinach and a lovely glass of Merlot.
- The pita bread that accompanied it was sheer perfection - toasty, fresh, firm.
- One of the main Arab dishes is called hummus, which is ground chickpeas and garlic with spices served with flat pita bread.
- Try a biscuit crust, tortillas, flatbread such as pita, bun halves or a baguette cut in half lengthwise as bases for pizza toppings.
- I could eat it three times a week, given an ample supply of pita bread, and I blush to say I have.
- Toast pita bread in a 350 F oven until dry and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- This of course is mopped up with hot fresh pita bread that is brought in every half hour from the bakery up the street.
- Everyone guffawed as they swiped the small bowls before them with triangles of pita bread.
- The first dish to arrive was a simple plate of pita bread and hummus.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.