In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She had a pivotal scene the next day and he wanted her well rested.
- Both men were pivotal figures in the golden age of the Hollywood studio system.
- Which is why today's trip to Aberdeen could prove pivotal come the end of the season.
- He's not cited a single instance in which the Patriot Act has proved pivotal in averting terrorism.
- We golfers, on the other hand, enjoy a year-round sport in which the knees play a crucial, if not pivotal, role.
- One of his offseason moves will play a pivotal role in determining his early success.
- Highlighted information helps to emphasise important issues or pivotal points in a developing argument.
- The Rutherford Lab lecture turned out to be a pivotal event in theoretical physics.
- We want it to play that pivotal role.
- In this situation the role of the Communist Party has become pivotal.
- The home-field advantage has proved pivotal in at least one direct match-up.
- The even more pivotal figure Tony Blair will have to wrestle with is himself.
- The media play a pivotal role in shaping American perceptions of events in Korea.
- The heroic performance of Ben and his twin brother Jerry was absolutely pivotal to that success.
- Before retiring in 1990, he was at the forefront of some of file most pivotal moments in American history.
- Bennett is a potentially pivotal figure in the offense.
- The point behind today's post is that customer service is pivotal to the success of any business.
- Nobody does so much, so often in so pivotal a position.
- Researchers claim the findings could be pivotal in developing anti-bullying strategies in Scottish schools.
- The work of Russell Bishop on the role of the teacher is absolutely pivotal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.