In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculino duendecillomasculino elfofemenino hadita
- I did however go for quite a long riverside walk through areas of woodland where on a sunny day like this you could almost believe there'd be fairies and pixies scampering about playfully.
- These people are living in a fantasy world, with fairies and pixies.
- Kids simply have to dress up as a fairy or a pixie and two winners will be picked after the show.
- After all, where were the magic pixies sprinkling marzipan holly berries over pre-Colonial scenes of people broasting chestnuts?
- Circulus, their debut album's weirdly suggestive title aside, are the kind of band who will sing about transferring actual power to actual pixies.
- ‘I believe they are real pixies, and if I what I believe is true, this is not good,’ he said.
- The nature of sprites and pixies was a very innocent one, more attune to that of children than creatures of magic.
- For a start, it is in a little house in the woodland beside the hotel, leading me to suspect that the staff would be elves and pixies.
- The vocals are shared alternately between the two singers; both sound like fragile pixies, trapped in a lyrical world of jealous lovers and murderous intent.
- Instead of the crass commercialism shoveled at us come Christmastime, we get to dress up as brain-eating ghouls and sexy pixies.
- It's very clever for a story that's set in a parallel dimension inhabited by elves, pixies, unicorns and griffins!
- In folklore, pixies play cheeky tricks on humans; they are annoying perhaps, but ultimately harmless.
- Passengers join Santa and all his pixies and elves for a one hour steam train journey through Bronte Country.
- I'm a lot more interested in the time tree model where we are just a single growing and evolving organism, with no dependency on aliens or magic pixies turning up further down the line with sweets if we do well for ourselves.
- They speak of pixies and fairies of indescribable beauty, who ensnare the heart of innocent lads.
- My husband's skill at cooking is nearly enough to have me forgive him for years of thinking that pixies washed his socks and elves cleaned the toilet.
- I see myself in one sense as a zoo of conflicting desires each trying to clamour for my attention like a class of noisy children or a swarm of irritating pixies - you have to decide who to listen to and who to ignore.
- Not only is there the day to day running of your farm, but there's a bizarre subplot involving pixies who give you magic farming tools in return for giant mushrooms and such.
- Shrek has over thirty fully-rendered characters as well as various fairies, pixies, gnomes, and dwarfs which appear mostly all in one scene.
- A mate of mine, who is known as the Halloween Man, invites friends in to see his pixies (he has 15, don't ask me where from) and gives them pumpkin pie.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.