In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As for the pizza toppings, there is a reason that Italians still love certain old standards.
- It would be very sad if all French cooks could manage was pizzas, steaks and burgers.
- I make the sauces for the pastas and pizzas and all sorts of things.
- The food consisted of a variety of sandwiches, mini pizzas, sushi, and other dishes along with cookies and coffee.
- The pizza was closer to an Italian pizza than anything I have ever tried Stateside.
- But he eventually set up on his own business and word quickly spread about his home-made pasta and pizzas.
- Restaurants excel in serving up the island's seafood alongside the usual pizzas and pastas.
- This isn't an attempt to deprive the world of pizzas, the Italians just want some recognition for their creation.
- The applicant wants to change the ground floor into a pizza and pasta takeaway.
- Eat them in salads, sandwiches, pizzas or use as an intense base for sauces.
- Even eating a slice of Italian sausage pizza with extra mozzarella had become a patriotic act.
- The food in Livigno is hearty - big pasta dishes, pizzas and lots of salty chips.
- The pizzas were freshly baked in a brick oven and tasted absolutely fantastic.
- Pizzette are miniature pizzas which are often fried rather than baked.
- Salads were between three and six leva and pastas and pizzas were priced at around six or seven leva.
- Strew the mozzarella and tomatoes over the pizzas, then add the pancetta, ruffling it up a bit.
- They are then offered a diet of burgers, chips, pizzas and coke from school canteens.
- It is naturally, an Italian restaurant, and pizzas play an important role on its menu.
- Because when we leave Lucknow, one thing I will really miss is the pizzas from Pizza Port.
- There's a mid-range menu serving posh pizzas, burgers and a range of light bites, salads and skewers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.