In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1demandante masculinoactor masculinoactriz femenino
- Several years later the plaintiff gave the defendant notice to quit under the lease agreement.
- Three defendants were each found liable to the plaintiff in a personal injuries case.
- The defendants negligently told the plaintiffs that X was much wealthier than in fact he was.
- The plaintiffs sued the defendant alleging that he had been negligent in a number of ways.
- The plaintiffs engaged the defendants as their solicitors to act for them.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.