In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The Universe has its own heavenly sounds, such as pulsars, planetary magnetospheres and solar winds.
- This strange planetary system came as quite a surprise to secular astronomers.
- Newton, too, chose to work principally in the more traditional field of planetary astronomy.
- This tradition owed much to Ptolemy's work on planetary motions.
- Another example of these points is provided by Kepler's work on planetary motion.
- Now, though, the planetary astronomy community has an opportunity to make a breakout move.
- Embedded in this crucible of star creation are embryonic planetary systems.
- If so, such a cropping would have directly affected the development of our entire planetary system.
- The solar motion is relatively constant, but the planetary motion appears to change greatly according to the direction from which it is seen.
- The first of his laws of planetary motion asserts that planets orbit the Sun in ellipses.
- Six of these discoveries are of planetary systems with two or more planets.
- In 1954 he developed his work on dynamical systems in relation to planetary motion.
- Jupiter is the largest of our nine planets, containing two-thirds of the planetary mass of our Solar System.
- His work ran the gamut from star and planetary system formation to the study of the planets themselves.
- New planetary star systems and galaxies are being discovered almost daily.
- So many, perhaps most, of these so-called planetary systems may in fact be stellar or brown dwarf binaries.
- As solar system exploration continues, so too will planetary protection policies.
- Lunar and planetary exploration is a proposition far different from orbiting Earth.
- This is the smallest potential solar system ever seen, and could help scientists understand more about how planetary systems form.
- This lead may account for the missing evidence of red dwarfs forming planetary systems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.