In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1licencia de obras femeninopermiso de obras masculino
- Backers of the plan have the support of MPs and planning permission from the local authority.
- The plan was to secure planning permission for the site and to sell the development to Barratt Homes.
- We had to apply for planning permission from the council and for permission from the business owners.
- The new building already has planning permission and work will soon be underway.
- The company had applied for planning permission to develop an industrial site.
- Stores and sites with planning permission can be worth tens of millions of pounds.
- What they are doing is buying land and developing it without planning permission.
- There is also planning permission in to develop a large outdoor exercise area.
- Whether we develop the homes or sell on the site with planning permission remains to be seen.
- In previous years planning permission for this site has been refused because of pollution.
- We have full planning permission, we have the builders on board and it is all subject to this lease.
- The council has planning permission for the building to be converted into six flats.
- What is required in such circumstances is that the developer apply for planning permission.
- The owners of The Coopers Arms applied for planning permission to convert the building into a home.
- Land Securities is also seeking planning permission to develop other sites in Ebbsfleet.
- If the developer fails to win planning permission by that date, the house can be sold to someone else.
- The principal is still the same, building on land that has never had planning permission before.
- It could then potentially earn a higher price by selling the site with planning permission.
- He was eventually granted planning permission for the box but refused permission for a small light.
- The company will now need to apply for planning permission for any development it proposes to build.
- The project is still at an early stage, and no application for planning permission has even been made yet.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.