In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A certain degree of plasticity in physiological traits is ubiquitous among plants.
- Such a description should include reference to the particle size distribution of the soil, plasticity, colour, texture, and mineral composition.
- We will now summarize some of the work which suggests that, indeed, the spinal cord has some remarkable degree of plasticity.
- Whether this is due to decreased plasticity in the auditory cortex or in the language areas of the cortex is not known.
- His work spans the fields of auditory perception, cortical plasticity and disorders such as dyslexia and focal dystonia.
- The hydrodynamic effect makes more probable the induction of plasticity after calcium ions flow in.
- Experiments that examine genetic variation and phenotypic plasticity in trees are often limited in replication or restricted to early seedling stages.
- The plasticity of the auditory system is currently thought to be at its maximum below the age of 2 years.
- Selection experiments have even targeted the degree of phenotypic plasticity of particular traits.
- Guard cell plasticity or, more exactly, plasticity in transpiration is clearly physiological plasticity.
- In this case, phenotypic plasticity and not genetic uniqueness confer disparate leaf morphology.
- This phenomenon may reflect plasticity of the central nervous system, which is well recognized during early development.
- Morphological plasticity is common in clonal plants, particularly in spacers, those parts of clonal plants that interconnect ramets.
- Thus, the brain shows considerable plasticity for development of language capacity in young children.
- However, predictions of optimal plasticity assume no cost to plasticity and sufficient genetic variance.
- This arrangement could enable increased plasticity in the evolution of transpositional variation in the vertebrate body plan.
- The degree of F-actin plasticity has remained one of the main unknowns of cell migration mechanics.
- There is no experimental evidence so far that phenotypic plasticity allows plants to adapt cuticular permeance to changes in evaporative demand.
- We hope these papers will fuel continued interest in the puzzling patterns of thermal plasticity and guide future efforts to reveal their causes.
- So for us this has demonstrated to us a degree of plasticity that we have never known before the brain capable of.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.