1(speech) lleno de lugares comunes(speech) lleno de tópicosa platitudinous remark — un lugar común
- Well I can't think of a more platitudinous, cliché-ridden speech that I've read in several years.
- Unfortunately, their occasionally forced and often platitudinous rhymes tend to sacrifice form for content, and usually lack the resonance of their many politically-minded counterparts.
- Ideas endlessly repeated and permutated become platitudinous, trite, meaningless.
- Both the words and the images articulate strong emotion with admirable economy and convey a sense of the preciousness of life without being sentimental, platitudinous or falsely hopeful.
- The tips are the same type of common sense platitudinous advice that columnists dispense on a regular basis.