In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Deporte Juegosjugador masculinojugadora femeninohe's a keen tennis player — le gusta mucho jugar al tenis Río de la Plata España
- We need to add players that play the game well, not wear Tom Brady jerseys to practice.
- The idea is to get the players playing at game speed so they can get a feel for what is ahead.
- Many water polo players get started by playing for a local club or high school team.
- Most times, revenge in sports motivates a player for a few minutes or maybe a game.
- Perhaps the last player to juggle both sports was Rangers goalkeeper Andy Goram.
- That makes it a wonderful opportunity to play against the best player the game has ever seen.
- Skiba says that many football players now sport a garment called compression shorts.
- He joins us this week on the Sports Factor to talk about the game, the players and what he's learned.
- I know the NFL is trying to clean up the game a little bit, but they have to let the players play the game.
- The class is designed to accommodate all athletes and sports players at suitable indoor training.
- Several players expressed grave concerns about the toll gambling could be taking.
- The hit from Boughner was just one of many collisions hockey players face every game.
- No matter how important or intense the game, players are affected by events off the field.
- That said, the position still boasts some of the fiercest and most physical players in the game.
- It's a totally different spectacle from the one in which you have four evenly balanced players playing the team game.
- In what other sport do the players line up at the end of a playoff series to shake hands?
- Was he saying the Americans tried to put Brazil's top players out of the game?
- Were you a footballer or a cricketer or a tennis player, something like that?
- Baseball is a sport and players need to decide whether they play the game for the love of the game or for economics.
- The game is now a non-contact sport and yet players are spending a lot more time on the floor.
- Ndunda said morale was high in the squad ahead of the game tomorrow and the players were looking forward to the clash.
2.1Músicamúsico masculinomúsico masculinomúsica femeninoinstrumentista femeninoshe's a really good guitar-player — es muy buena guitarrista
- They were connected to the timing device of a compact disc player designed to detonate them remotely.
- The jog-dial has some resistance to it, so pushing it up and down is distinguishable from pushing it into the body of the player in order to make a menu selection.
- This is protected not by a cap, but by a mechanism that allows it to slide into the body of the player.
- Curiously, the standard radio had a cassette but no CD player, so an upgrade here might be required as well.
- It might include a flashlight, a book, and a cassette or CD player and story tape or CD.
- A third option transforms the device into an audio player.
- He closed the door and switched on the lights before switching on his compact disc player.
- Lasers in this category include those that operate laser printers and compact disc players.
- Songs can then be copied to iPod players or burned onto compact disc.
- The robbers made off with a video machine, two cellphones, a DVD player and several compact discs.
- People now want a phone that can switch easily from communication device to music player.
- The DVD player in a home theater system can separate the audio track into two, three or even five channels.
- You may also want to buy a voice recorder for your MP3 player to record memorable moments.
- Most newer cars come with only a CD player, making a cassette adapter worthless.
- In addition, a cassette or compact disc player may be placed within reach for listening to music or audio books.
- Erica was listening to the music on her compact disc player as she drove.
- An hour later, out would come a computer, a television set or a compact-disc player.
- But you do get a lot of extra brightly coloured cassette tape players that eat batteries and break really easily.
- Video stores also developed the policy of renting video players along with the cassettes.
- There are more TVs than there are people in my home, several video recorders and one DVD player.
2.2archaic formal (actor)actor masculinoactriz femeninotraveling players — cómicos de la legua masculino
- I don't think there was any question about the players not wanting to perform.
- Pagliacci is set in a small town where a troupe of travelling players have arrived to present a comedy.
- Being good improv performers, the players just worked it into the scenes and kept on going.
- The other players create characters suitable for the environment chosen.
- There are two basic types of male film actor - leading men and character players.
- The group isn't quite at the level of Guest's players, but their performances never feel forced.
- We asked a group of these players about the makings of a good character actor.
- The acting in this film is fine across the board, from lead actors to bit players.
- On opening night, he alone of the main players managed a consistent performance.
- The other players, the spear carriers, come through when unexpected.
- Let's call them chefs or actors, or players or whatever and leave them off the pedestal.
- The acting is top notch here, from the top name actors down to the character players.
- There is a wealth of marvellous biographical detail here, with the leading players lit up in the full glare of the garish footlights.
- The proceedings are distinguished by the sterling performances of the central players and an exceptional cast of guest stars.
- The most interesting characters were bit players Hector Elizondo and Sakina Jaffrey.
- The loveliness of the location is matched by exceptionally attractive performances from the leading players.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.