In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(square)plaza femeninofemenino explanada
- The Learning Corridor includes five separate buildings, large public plazas and green spaces, and a parking garage.
- We have some lovely plazas, squares, public markets, and parks.
- The rest of the site is taken up by an administrative building for the symphony and a public plaza, covered with local dark-gray stone, with parking below.
- It is therefore reasonable that Jesus' strategy combined activities in plazas or open areas with those in houses.
- On the building's south side he crafted cascading, landscaped plazas and gathering spaces of different shapes and sizes that should encourage full use.
- The new rules cover exterior lighting for parking areas, walkways, plazas, building entries, canopies, façade lighting and outdoor sales areas.
- Spend a couple of days soaking up its 15th and 18th century buildings, modern skyscrapers and its pretty squares, parks and plazas.
- The westernmost of these smaller spaces is a transport plaza, the central space is a civic plaza and the eastern space, towards the historic residential zone, is a neighbourhood park.
- Village, town, and city streets, plazas, and open spaces are common property and subject to regulation by civic authority.
- Parked cars and billboards have further eroded the plaza's space.
- Development of an urban center and plaza - a public open space with an academic building and retail stores - required 10 different funding sources.
- Next morning, on arriving at the corner of Church and Vesey Streets, I saw three pieces of equipment removing the sidewalk from the plaza area near the staircase.
- The recent external works have upgraded Bowen Street from a service street into a public plaza.
- Small groups of flexible work areas surround the plaza.
- The ordinance also granted property owners an increase in the total floor area otherwise allowed in exchange for providing public plazas or arcades.
- Many new schools are incorporating secure outdoor play areas, courtyards and plazas, enabling students to go outside to eat, socialize and study in an easily supervised setting.
- The demolition is paving the way for what developers call an ‘urban village’ of office, retail, and residential space along with park and plaza areas for the public.
- This is hardly a new idea; plazas have always been public stages.
- A plaza joins a public esplanade which is planned to eventually connect all of Tacoma's waterfront.
2EEUU(complex)centro comercial masculino
- People are waiting in long lines even at shopping plazas since news of a shortage of vaccine surfaced last month.
- Sometimes it takes a new store or shopping plaza to wake a small business owner.
- Remake them as outdoor shopping plazas, reminiscent of the town centers they replaced.
- He expects to develop the retail plaza but most likely would sell the hotel and apartment property to developers.
- Just right for walking back to my car way down the road in the shopping plaza where we left it.
- I finally caught up with him inside a store in one of the shopping plazas.
- At malls and huge shopping plazas, you get pushed and jostled.
- Housed in upmarket shopping plazas, a string of outlets has come up at several locations.
- A mall, of course, is not that far removed from a shopping plaza.
- It's more of a small indoor shopping plaza with retail stores and the like.
- Built just eight years ago, its bright blue, green, and white facade still glows from a hillside overlooking a bustling shopping plaza.
- Shopping plazas have sprung up in every imaginable location of this sleepy town.
- In a bid to make the most of the evening I stormed the shopping plaza right across the hotel.
- Grant plays the affable front man for his family, who build condos and shopping plazas for a ridiculous profit.
- Paddy fields and orchards have given way to shopping plazas and industrial buildings.
- I am now going to tell you a story from a popular shopping plaza in South Pattaya.
- In designing our modern conveniences - groceries, retail, strip plazas, motels, banks - traffic planners assume that people will not walk more than 300 ft.
- Customers vouch for the convenience of shopping in a plaza without the hassle of elbowing through a crowded market.
- The speaker system played an unobtrusive drumming music that was perfectly suited for the food and a nice change from the normal quiet interspersed with chatter that occurs in most of the plaza restaurants.
- That building burned down, and now there's a rather awful-looking shopping plaza in its place.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.