1(in UK)S. A.
- Nevertheless, Nolan is of the opinion that the pension funds of most Irish plcs are adequately provided for.
- There is a real pressure on public companies - the plcs - to keep the City sweet.
- He will specialise in offering a debt and equity restructuring service for UK plcs.
- The bill requires the establishment of an audit committee in all plcs and large private companies, made up effectively of non executive directors.
- Managers and large shareholders of other Irish plcs considering management or leveraged buyouts must be watching events with great interest.
- The published accounts of Irish plcs are a mixed bag.
- If it succeeds, others may try to follow, and the exodus of talented management out of plcs into private equity might be slowed.
- But Macdonald, the newest and at 40 one of the youngest CEOs among Scottish plcs, is no slouch.
- Most insurers, plcs and mutuals alike, are sitting on large heaps known as orphan assets or free estates.
- Another eight to 10 Scottish plcs will be taken over in packaging, ports and transportation, retail and broadcasting.
- public limited company