In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Around the abdominal aorta, the aortic plexus of nerves can be identified.
- This nerve is considered by some authors as the most variable nerve of the lumbar plexus.
- The femoral, lateral cutaneous, and obturator nerves exit from the lumbar plexus.
- The doubled veins may unite in front and behind the artery to form a plexus around that vessel.
- The myenteric plexus of these appendix specimens had even thicker nerve bundles connecting an increased number of ganglion cells.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.