In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alicate masculinoalicates masculinopinza femenino Río de la Platapinzas femenino Río de la Plataa pair of pliers — un(os) alicate(s)
- The metal slips a little, but locks in the double knot at crooks he's bent with the pliers.
- For the bolt turns, use vise grips or pliers to hold the bolt below the nut, to unscrew the nut.
- Picking up a pair of discarded pliers he snipped two wires and replaced some of the others.
- You'll need either needle-nose pliers or large tweezers with flat ends that meet tightly.
- The tools used are easily available: pliers, wire cutters, a file and a small mallet.
- With pliers, bend the wire ends back into the button so they won't snag the garment fabric.
- The array of pincers, pliers, and other stuff required to sink the teeth into a crab or lobster is enough to scare most people away.
- Merely push the pins down and use a pair of needle nose pliers to push the pin out.
- These pliers trim wire which you'll need to do if you install switches or rewire a lamp.
- And I have a pair of pliers with screwdriver and knife attached.
- He called for some pliers, disconnected the wire, and removed the fairing.
- For three years I've been bleeding our radiators by using a set of longnose pliers to grip the screw-end.
- Right next to his corpse, electric wires, clippers, pliers, and screwdrivers lie strewn across the sidewalk.
- Anyone who has struggled with screwdrivers and needle nose pliers, will be happy with the mechanism here.
- Using round-nose pliers, unbend the wire handle ends inside the box and feed on large beads with large holes.
- If you won't take a multi-tool, at least take a pair of needle-nose pliers and a screwdriver of each denomination!
- Place the blade in a vice when possible or use a second pair of pliers or vice grips to hold the blade while you turn the barrel.
- The stripper is simply a small hand tool that resembles a pair of cutting pliers.
- Now replace the wire loop on the back of the pliers and pull the wire across the top of the bottom wire to form a right angle.
- I always take some wire crimps and crimping pliers and a few swivels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.