1línea de carga femenino
- In the nineteenth century, Plimsoll was credited with naming the Plimsoll line, a line that shows the depth to which a properly loaded ship can be immersed in water without sinking.
- It does not have a Plimsoll line like a cargo vessel.
- Below this a single Plimsoll mark, ‘VI ‘, showing the draft of the tug in feet.’
- Belisha beacons, bobbies on the beat, Big Ben, a ship's Plimsoll line - all are familiar terms with their origins in the names of notable MPs of their age.
- Life-jackets, boats, signals, Plimsoll line, radio, all made navigation safer.