1chorlito masculinofrailecito masculino América Latina
- The Semipalmated Plover is a small plover with a short bill and yellow-orange legs.
- However, to keep these teeth pearly white, the crocodiles employ the services of spur winged plovers that pick the pieces of meat left between the crocodile's teeth after a large meal.
- The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
- In the mud flats of the Bay of Fundy, you'll see large roosts of shorebirds - plovers, yellowlegs, godwits, curlews, and phalaropes - at high tide.
- Along the perimeter I saw an unusual number of crested larks and a few red-wattled plovers in a recently flooded field.
- At the second pond I found a magpie hopping around near the water, some red-wattled plovers in the field, and a few Dead Sea Sparrows carrying nesting material.
- Like other plovers, Black-bellied plovers are visual feeders, but they may also probe for hidden prey.
- Among some ground-nesting waterbirds, such as gulls and plovers, research has shown that speckling aids egg camouflage.
- In Scotland, gamekeepers blame the buzzard, a protected bird, for the deaths of thousands of partridges, pheasants, and waders such as curlews and plovers.
- Currently, visitors to the flats are likely to see sandpipers, avocets, oystercatchers, godwits, dowitchers, plovers and other shorebirds on their way south.
- When returning to Breydon shortly after high water, the great flights of plovers often arrive at a considerable height.
- These plovers are found mostly on the outer coast.
- Beginning in 1988, to the chagrin of many locals, the refuge closed down two and a half miles of prime beach during the spring and summer to protect the plovers during their breeding season.
- But managing the moors for the grouse also preserves them for the plovers and Merlin.
- When we arrived, it was past the peak of the fall shorebird migration, but there were still hundreds of sandpipers and plovers resting and feeding.
- Sandpipers and plovers of many species will pass through or decide to stay in the ponds and wetlands that dot central and southern Iraq.