In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Forget the normal fly fishing gear if you plan a trip after these monsters; the only effective method is to plumb the depths with a trolled and heavily - weighted spinner or live bait.
- Then plumb them with a level and nail the brackets to the floor.
- Place the panel snug into the corner as possible with a level on the opposite vertical edge to plumb the panel.
- Raise the short wall sections into place, plumb them as you have done previously, and secure the corners.
- Once the post has been set into the base, it can be moved a little bit from side to side parallel with the two raised sides in order to simplify plumbing the post.
- If so, you only need to install the casing on the opposite side after the jamb is plumbed, squared, and secured in the opening.
- He traces a line in white paint along the wall beyond the leaves, then drops a plumb from a cord stretched between two metal poles posted on either side of the tree.
- Holding a target plumb is a very important worker skill when locating a layout point.
2also plumb bobConstrucciónplomada femenino
1(exactly, right)justoplumb in the middle — en el mero centro México Venezuela América Central coloquial
- The batsman plays and misses, and is hit on the pads plumb in front of the wicket.
- Collymore decides that he wants to take a leg-bye and is struck plumb in front off an inswinger.
- In fact, Lyle had a 79 to finish plumb last, the only player in the field to be above 300 for the 72 holes.
2EEUU anticuado(totally)plumb crazy/stupid — loco/tonto de remate
- For example, somebody whom you just plumb don't like is naturally likely to be just as hard to like on the Interwebnet.
- Hank was plumb out of breath helping him up, but was very happy to see that Ted was all right.
- So, needless to say, just about everyone was plumb out of breath when they stopped a hundred yards from their target.
- So I drove up to Manor Park Plaza to use the A.B.M., because I was plumb out of cash.
- Its plumb crazy at a time when we are trying to recruit more staff to cut the teaching profession's workload.
- He was plumb tuckered out and very glad Charlie had talked him out of the trip to the lower pastures.
- That stuff made you plumb crazy, as I remember it.
- It's important to forgive yourself if you're just too plumb tired to get in a workout.
- The problem is that the corners are seldom true plumb or vertical, and this is where the difficulty lies.
- In carpenter's heaven, all surfaces would be flat and straight, all vertical elements would be plumb and horizontal ones level, and all corners would be exact right angles.
- If it is not plumb, a little more attention is needed.
- Retrofit windows are installed into existing frames, and if those frames are not plumb or square, there may be problems.
- If the frame is not perfectly plumb or level, the door won't open or close correctly.
- Make sure that the posts are plumb and the rail is parallel to the steps.
- Snap a plumb chalkline down the center of the stud to establish the position of the edge of the panel.
- Do not cut at an angle, or into a v-shape, which makes it far more difficult to hold the tree plumb in the stand, and reduces the amount of water available to the tree.
- There was no significant deterioration of the surface of the brick; no evidence of falling bricks, and the walls were plumb.
- Use a hand level frequently to keep the wall plumb and the rows of brick level.
- Apply the boards in a stair-step pattern and be sure they are plumb.
- Even though part of the beauty of straw bale houses is their handmade unevenness, build plumb and square.
- Be sure the rough stud at the door opening is plumb.
- Insert tapered shims under the cabinet, as needed, until a level shows that it is plumb and vertical.
- Next place a level against the edge of the panel to check that it is plumb, making certain your panel is in a correct position before nailing it into the studs.
- If the instrument is set up directly on a control point, carefully check to be sure that the instrument is plumb over the control point and that the control points have not been disturbed.
- Frequent use of a hand level will help keep the wall plumb and the courses level.
- Finish surfaces to a true plane, to correct line and level, with all angles and corners to a right angle unless specified otherwise, and with walls and reveals plumb and square.
- If the wall ties are adequate, the brickwork should be rebuilt plumb.
- As you set each post, it is especially important that the posts remain plumb, regardless of how much the ground slopes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.