In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1signo (de) más masculino
- A plus sign indicates the presence of the insertion, and a minus sign indicates the absence of one.
- Then there is a series of mysterious symbols, an open circle and a plus sign repeated throughout the Georgian house.
- I certainly miss having a big plus sign on my bank balance instead of the big negative one I have now.
- A win is recorded by a plus sign (+) in that player's column.
- A plus sign on the left indicated that a correct response had been made to the response cue, while a plus sign on the right indicated that a correct response was made to the target.
- The plus sign (+) denotes amplification and the minus sign (-) indicates no amplification.
- Clicking on a plus sign enables you to view the entire comment, or you can expand or collapse all comments with a single click.
- In the results area I click the little plus sign on the left and it adds the contact info to my addressbook.
- Often searching for a phrase works better than just using the plus sign between words.
- The process is represented in Figure 10.1 where a plus sign indicates that a variable has a positive affect on deforestation.
- Levels of support are coded as filled circles, open circles and plus signs.
- A plus sign (+) means the real thickness is greater than the number posted, while a minus sign (-) means the real thickness is less the number posted.
- The first plus sign indicated performance on the tone task and the second plus sign indicated performance on the shape-matching task.
- A plus sign indicates that one set of strategies or another was used to deal with the environmental issues.
- Species are counted and the group (hypercarnivorous vs. nonhypercarnivorous) with more species receives a plus sign; the group with fewer species receives a minus.
- If you click on a plus sign, the folders within that drive will appear just below the drive in the same window.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.