- Early theories generated late in the nineteenth century correlated cold periods with times of pluvial conditions in arid regions.
- Left by a passing glacier, the boulders acted as umbrellas to the softer rock beneath, protecting it from pluvial erosion.
- Evidence of pluvial lakes have been used in the reconstruction of palaeoclimates, using shoreline evidence and analysis of lake sediments to link lake levels to climate.
- That is, if the pluvial conditions are such that a rainbow is produced, then that rainbow will look very different from the norm.
- I must have a pluvial character because this sort of weather is my favourite.