In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1acorazado de bolsillo masculino
- Though outgunned by the German's heavy weapons, task force leader Cdre Henry Harwood engaged Graf Spee - at great cost to all three British vessels, which were badly damaged by the pocket battleship's 11 in main turrets.
- West Indies can at least look forward to a more spirited performance in the field, now that their pocket battleships have been reunited for the first time since the tour of England last summer.
- To get round the restrictions of Versailles, Germany produced pocket battleships.
- Attempting a night landing on the Rio del Plata near Montevideo, the aircraft crashed and sank near the wreck of the German pocket battleship Graf Spee.
- The side are captained by 5ft 3ins pocket battleship Hudson, who made the headlines nation-wide after winning her first boxing bout in the University's annual tournament with Sandhurst.
- The ball rolled back to Beall just six yards out, but the pocket battleship took an age to bite the cherry for a second time and was crowded out before getting a shot in.
- To the delight of many, the pocket battleship stayed on to share a few beers with the lads at the bar.
- As South Africa's pocket battleship said, that philosophy applied equally well in sport as in life.
- The real Jervis Bay was sunk while defending a convoy against a pocket battleship.
- It is interesting to me that the profile of a WWII German pocket battleship should resemble a British Type 45 next generation missile destroyer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.