In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lo conmovedormasculino patetismolo patético
- What gives this wretched episode extra poignancy is the fact that the bandit commander's life had been saved by the Red Cross a year earlier.
- She delivered the long despairing monologue that closes the work with great poignancy.
- His public funeral and the later memorial evening of performances by the company are described with heartbreaking poignancy.
- It may be a history lesson but it is sure to portray with poignancy the humour, hurt, heartbreak and pain that they didn't teach us in the classroom.
- The album isn't bad because it isn't distressing or painful, which one would expect from poignancy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.