In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1píldora venenosa femenino
- If allowed to continue pursuing the acquisition, the first step is to get the poison pill removed.
- The next time you read a news release that says that your company is using a poison pill to ward off a takeover attempt, you'll now know what it means.
- Whenever a board adopts a poison pill, it sets a ‘trigger,’ a percentage of stock that an acquirer must buy before the poison pill goes into effect.
- Oracle has said it will not go forth with the takeover with the poison pill in place.
- At heavy-duty truck producer Navistar International in Warrenvilie, Ill., for example, a resolution to rescind the poison pill was supported by 83 percent of the quorum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.