In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1perro policía masculino
- The base is an enclosed courtyard in the west suburb of the city where over 40 police dogs are kept and trained.
- We could send in some of our specially trained police dogs who may be able to tackle someone in this situation.
- When they arrived on Friday morning, three police helicopters hovered overhead, rows of police formed up behind the barricade and police dogs patrolled the grounds.
- A convoy of six armed vehicles, three police dogs and several patrol cars made a simultaneous lunchtime swoop at the addresses.
- The vehicle was stopped by a young African guard, but he was overwhelmed when dozens of armed policemen and several police dogs sprang from the vehicle.
- He is one of only a few GMP-bred puppies judged unsuitable to become trained police dogs and are instead re-housed in good homes across the region.
- Of the 56 forces in England and Wales, only eight use electric shocks to train police dogs.
- For instance, dogs that have an important job to do, such as rescue dogs, police dogs and guard dogs, generally benefit from leash and collar training.
- Three police dogs are in training to wear new lightweight head harnesses fitted with small cameras from which pictures can be beamed back to a monitor carried by the dogs' handlers.
- It got so bad that 12 patrolmen and two police dogs were kept on duty outside the home for several days.
- Three police dogs are in training with the county's constabulary to wear new lightweight head harnesses fitted with small cameras.
- Marais said police dogs were instrumental in the arrest of 2924 suspects involved in serious and petty crimes last year.
- When the mother questioned the logic of all this, both in the hospital and during a follow-up appointment, squad cars with police dogs showed up at her home to take the child away.
- Outside the wall, commandos beat truncheons against their shields and police dogs barked.
- Parliament had been sealed and police dogs and bomb squads were searching the building after six men, armed with guns, grenades and at least one bomb, entered the complex in a coordinated attack.
- Police carried out baton charges and let police dogs loose on the teenagers, who fought back with bricks, rocks, golf balls and petrol bombs.
- An attorney representing three of the accused told the court his clients had been beaten by the police and bitten by police dogs during their arrest.
- Now I have seen police dogs in action and am aware that having attack trained dogs is similar to having a loaded rifle, you simply must be responsible.
- A West Yorkshire Police helicopter and police dogs joined in the search, along with uniformed officers were out this morning conducting a river bank search on foot, but so far to no avail.
- Police wielding machine guns stormed houses, police dogs were set upon demonstrators, and helicopters buzzed overhead, spotlighting homes and individuals.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.