In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1encargado o responsable de formular la política de un partido, comité etc
- It is a surprising and important gap, one that health workers and policymakers can no longer afford to ignore.
- Politicians and policymakers have been quick to grab hold of the biodiversity agenda.
- Wolfowitz was a key policymaker at the state department during the Reagan years and is the administration's most senior Asian policy expert.
- It does not receive high priority among policymakers, starting with politicians.
- Soviet involvement was absent in both cases, as U.S. policymakers were well aware.
- It is surprising that no one is even talking of trying the responsible policymakers for war crimes.
- Therefore policymakers have a responsibility to understand the impacts of this process.
- Sensing change was in the air, it lobbied potentially influential politicians and policymakers in a frenzy.
- European policymakers can reel off a string of issues on which there is such division.
- The imperialist policymakers are motivated above all by questions of their own security.
- In the wake of the Cold War, U.S. policymakers remain firmly committed to this goal.
- In the months and years after the solution passes into legislation, policymakers will keep a close eye on its progress and look to tweak it as is fit.
- Unemployment figures hide a trend which is worrying politicians and policymakers.
- No doubt such garbled syntax does great things for policymakers sitting on committees.
- But for the most part, high and low politics were treated as separate issues by policymakers and scholars alike.
- It is us in the health profession and not the politicians and policymakers who have to deal with the consequences of this policy.
- Each individual is a policymaker, making policy with his own property.
- But this is the analysis of a political scientist, not a policymaker.
- For a policymaker, it should be compelling grounds for reform.
- That elevates the analyst to a position of greater importance, for it makes the policymaker dependent on the analyst's technical expertise.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.