In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1polen masculinebefore noun he suffers from a pollen allergy — padece de fiebre del heno
- pollen count / index — índice de concentración de polen en el aire
- Most is caused by grass pollen, but tree pollen can also cause reactions.
- Plants produced smaller flowers producing less pollen and with poor germination and tube growth.
- Pollinators visit flowers in search of oils, floral fragrances, pollen or floral nectar.
- What, then, are the roles of the two different flower types in pollen production?
- Pollen traps also indicate that pollen is shed directly into the air, permitting wind pollination.
- Females produced more pollen per anther than males, and pollen size was the same in both sexes.
- Potential foods included not only pollinating insects of angiosperm flowers but also the pollens, nectars, fruits, seeds and foliage of angiosperms themselves.
- The egg cell is fertilized by pollen from the male sex organs, the stamens.
- These bees visited flowers in search of pollen, adopting a supine posture as they entered the corolla tube.
- In addition to seeds, the promoters directed reporter gene expression in pollen and in seed coats.
- Native social bees visit only male inflorescences in search of pollen and nectar.
- This species has a peculiar mechanism by which the flower dispenses pollen to different visitors.
- This could help relieve pollen limitation caused by insufficient quantity of pollen.
- Freshly harvested pollen was dusted onto a microscope slide with a brush to which four or five drops of stain were added.
- Bees occasionally collect olive pollen, but wind is the primary pollination vector.
- I was intrigued with how they gathered pollen and nectar from flowers to make honey.
- It is a beautiful white lily flower with big buds of pollen in its centre.
- The production of pollen and seed cones was studied in five branches chosen at random on each individual.
- The stigmas were then pollinated with pollen from a flower whose anther had dehisced that day.
- Each experiment was carried out on flower heads which had been protected from foreign pollen by bagging.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.