In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1día de las elecciones masculino
- The member states choose their own voting systems and polling days, but no votes are counted until all the countries have voted.
- As polling day approaches, the election campaign has moved into top gear.
- Nevertheless, over the past four decades, it has gained growing support and influence with falling turnouts on polling days.
- The official polling day is Thursday, when traditional methods take over.
- They did not receive the voting pack and were told that they could not vote when they turned up at the polling station on polling day.
- The polling days should be extended, especially in Harare.
- Even the most of critical foreign or local observers had neat note pads at the close of the polling day last night.
- For security reasons, he has decided to stretch the ballot across four polling days, ending Oct. 10, and he's bringing in 44,000 troops.
- When polling day arrives I can't demand more time, I have to vote now.
- To hear that scathing verdict, one month before the polling day in a general election, must send a shiver down the spine of any democrat.
- Meanwhile, Kerry students have called for Saturday to remain the polling day for all elections in the future.
- On polling day, as I said above, things were calm in Poplar and Canning Town.
- On polling day, at 9 a.m. a message will flash requesting you to exercise your right to vote.
- They are also seeking a stay on the setting of a polling day pending the determination of the proceedings.
- However, any move to make Sunday the official polling day would be heavily opposed by many religious communities.
- There was no relentless build up to their polling day, it came and went practically unnoticed.
- When polling day came, Labour remained the largest party but nevertheless lost six of its 56 seats.
- And in that election, the early announcement of results had manifest effects on voting behaviour on subsequent polling days.
- Television channels are getting ready for the polling days.
- This is a way of ensuring that voters are not unnecessarily disadvantaged when the polling day comes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.