In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- John's own interest is rugby but he is well able to appreciate a good game of polo.
- They love polo and love to share in the thrills and disappointments of tournaments.
- Well, you don't play polo because you need that down payment on your mortgage.
- How can they be world champions at polo, play magnificent hockey, soccer and rugby?
- Yet with just two stripes on his sleeve, he also played polo, a sport which even millionaires find a bit pricey.
- Used mainly as cavalry horses, the walers also excelled as mounts at polo, race meetings, and gymkhanas.
- No one knows, not even those who are high handicap polo players know some of the things.
- I like the way they play by heart, the open polo they play, and the way they ride on horseback.
- At no time did the games disintegrate into one-man shows of polo prowess.
- Ferry also knew Robert Thame, who has played polo with Prince Charles and his sons.
- It is the only one in the world that has two golf courses and a large stadium for polo.
- In Addis Ababa I came across horseriders playing polo, their lives apparently unaffected by war or famine.
- That would have to include, fishing, shooting, polo, horseracing and many others.
- This, say horseballers requires more skill than polo, in which players rely on reins and a whip.
- Today polo is played worldwide, with the premier nations being Argentina, England and the USA.
- The Gold Cup victory marked his triumphant return to the sport and to high goal polo.
- In this interview Marcos confesses that he lives for more than simply playing polo.
- Also I think that for the level of polo they are playing it is also a little difficult.
- I think this club is prepared to host the most important polo event in this country.
- Could you imagine that your sons become polo players and you can play together one day?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.