In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He proposed successively doubling the number of sides of a regular polygon inscribed in a circle so that the difference in areas would eventually become exhausted.
- This he obtained by circumscribing and inscribing a circle with regular polygons having 96 sides.
- For purposes of clarification: a hexagon is a polygon with six sides and six angles.
- The polygon circumscribing the circle of radius s is shown in Figure 10b.
- She reasoned that there are three different ways in which a convex polygon encloses all five points.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.