- He proposed successively doubling the number of sides of a regular polygon inscribed in a circle so that the difference in areas would eventually become exhausted.
- This he obtained by circumscribing and inscribing a circle with regular polygons having 96 sides.
- For purposes of clarification: a hexagon is a polygon with six sides and six angles.
- The polygon circumscribing the circle of radius s is shown in Figure 10b.
- She reasoned that there are three different ways in which a convex polygon encloses all five points.