- Experts say the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found largely in nuts have heart protective benefits.
- Autoxidation of the polyunsaturated fatty acids of flour lipids results in the formation of hydroperoxides, which are powerful oxidising agents.
- You can only get these from polyunsaturated fats and oils, found in high quantities in nuts, fish, avocados, seeds and vegetable oils.
- For example, polyunsaturated fats do much more than lower blood cholesterol levels.
- We consume three main types of fats in our daily diet - saturated fats, monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats.