In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sala de billar femenino
- A boy had taken some balls from the poolroom and was juggling then when they clashed in mid air.
- The sharp-dressed young ‘cats’ who hung on the corners and in the poolrooms, bars and restaurants, and who obviously didn't work anywhere completely entranced me.
- He used to run a small gymnasium over a poolroom on Fourteenth Street, near Luchow's, and he still owns it.
- Throughout the day, people play cards or leisurely shoot some stick in the poolroom.
- Robbers struck saloons, poolrooms, and restaurants shortly after the workers in nearby factories received their pay.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.