In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alcancía femenino(para limosnas) cepillo masculino
- Judge Mary Martin ordered Ms McKenna to pay £100 to the court poor box in relation to the disorder offence, while her case of owning a vehicle without insurance was adjourned until May 2001.
- Meanwhile Judge Martin asked for a probation officer's report, random urine samples to be carried out, and the defendant to pay £500 to the court poor box by December 1.
- And perhaps most galling, he could rob from the poor box while offering auto-hagiography like.
- You did the same thing when you put that money in the poor box and had your priest say Bernie's name in the Veteran's Day Mass.
- As they plot to steal riches from the town's church, a little orphan girl winds up entangled in the trouble, accused of stealing from the poor box and running off with the golden treasure.
- Nor do expense allowances that are generous to a fault amount to proof positive that every backbench MP would, given the chance, rob the poor box in the local parish church.
- Two solicitors were prosecuted for failing to register with the commission, and while both were given the benefit of the Probation Act, one was ordered to pay €500 to the poor box.
- Returning at dawn I slipped into the church and stuffed the stolen money back into the poor box.
- It will not manage money collected under the poor box system, which is controlled locally at the direction of the judge.
- A reader writes concerning Weakland's thefts from the poor box.
- She adjourned the case to February 2, ordering the defendant to do an alcohol awareness programme, and to pay £100 to the court poor box.
- Judge Mary Martin adjourned the case to the October 3 sitting, ordering Mr Keating to pay £200 to the court poor box and to attend an alcohol awareness programme.
- The judge adjourned the matter to the July 19 sitting and ordered the defendant to make a contribution of £200 to the court poor box.
- The Courts Service said €928,000 was raised by the poor box last year, and €1.12 million was paid out to various charities.
- He pauses for a moment then starts to leave. The priest, seeing this, quickly runs over to him and says, ‘You didn't put any money in the poor box!’
- Now, say five Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box.
- A Ballybrittas farmer, who was on his way to Mass when stopped by Gardaí, was ordered to pay £100 to the court poor box, at the December 5 sitting of Portarlington District Court.
- She put back the case to January 5, telling each of the three men to do an alcohol awareness programme and to pay £500 to the court poor box in the meantime.
- A man who made an abusive remark to a Garda as he was driving past was ordered to make a contribution of £200 to the court poor box, at the December 6 sitting of Carlow District Court.
- But if the studio isn't so sure about the movie, this choice gives them millions in P & A savings, a built-in excuse for a poor box office showing and a politically correct plum all in one.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.