In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1palomitas (de maíz) femeninoesquites masculino Méxicocabritas (de maíz) femenino Chilepororó masculino Río de la Platapochoclo masculino Argentinacrispetas femenino Colombia
- He kept saying that he was hungry but didn't get any popcorn or snacks.
- The other big question is: will garlic bread sit alongside popcorn on the menu?
- I might as well drown my sorrows in the bag of popcorn, instead of a pint of ice cream.
- The snacks included potato chips, white chocolate and unsalted air-popped popcorn.
- She wandered into the kitchen, said a brief hello, and began hunting for a bag of popcorn.
- We bought our usual drink, packet of sweeties, and bag of popcorn to share.
- So grab a bag of popcorn, sit back and enjoy and before you rate please remember that I love you all and that flattery will get you everywhere!
- The air smelled of cotton candy and popcorn, the fresh and tantalizing aromas of childhood.
- So much so, I almost ate the entire bag of chocolates as if it were a sack of popcorn.
- I could smell popcorn, candy floss and dusk in the air, and I was enjoying every moment of it.
- The big bag of popcorn she bought could serve as hours of TV snacks for her.
- We passed around popcorn and candy but when it ran out no one left the TV to get more.
- Place popcorn in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade and process one minute.
- Hot dogs and beer are ubiquitous at sporting events, and popcorn and candy are consumed at movie theaters.
- Makalo laughed as she slowly pulled out a box of chocolate covered popcorn.
- Good alternatives are sugar-free popcorn, carrot sticks, bagels, cheese and nuts.
- The movie theater we went to was really cool because at night they sold ice cream instead of popcorn.
- An apple with a small helping of peanut butter or even plain popcorn with no butter or salt may fill you up.
- It could be popcorn and chocolates or something a bit stronger on your average night out at the flicks.
- Caroline shoves empty bags of popcorn and candy wrappers into the bag and sets Cassie off.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.