In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Being fed up with the madding crowd in one of the country's most populous cities, I wanted to get closer to nature.
- He will wind up his trip in Nigeria, the continent's most populous nation and biggest oil producer.
- After his death, Americans might insist on having some real elections in that populous nation.
- The most populous nation on earth is undergoing the most rapid economic growth in human history.
- Late last year it looked as if the most populous nation and the most widespread faith were reconciling.
- All this despite the fact that Scotland is one of the least populous nations in Europe.
- The populous cities in particular became dependent on distant agricultural trade.
- The capital city, Bujumbura, is the populous and most industrialized city.
- This tide is driven by the two most populous nations in the world.
- Corruption has spawned popular anger and instability lurks in the world's most populous nation.
- The drop in prices was driven by a 5.4 per cent decline in Sydney, the most populous city.
- It ranks 10th in the world, just behind much more populous nations such as China and Brazil.
- The fighting is just the latest bout of ethnic violence to grip Africa's most populous nation.
- He represented the least populous state in the nation, and one of the poorest.
- Germany is the most populous nation in the European Community and has the largest economy.
- It is, after all, the world's largest democracy and second most populous nation.
- Islamic radicals in Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation, dismissed the tape as propaganda.
- These are natural questions from people who have spent their lives in populous western cities.
- It's the tenth most populous city in the world and continues to expand like anything.
- This is a very big city of course, it's the biggest city in the state, it's the fourth most populous city in the US.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.