In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(of food)porción femenino América Latinaración femenino España
1.2(share)parte femeninoher portion of the estate — su parte / porción de la herencia
- The stake to be floated will be divided into four equal portions and will be put for sale in different sessions.
- After Ma died, his four children asked Wu to share this amount by dividing it into five equal portions, meaning each of them would receive NT $800,000.
- The project is divided into different portions, individually tendered and contracted.
- So now that the PM has decided to return his portion of the increase. people making all the comments and opinions necessary.
- Sofia will sell a portion of its shares in Municipal Bank to reduce its stake to below 50 per cent, Sofia City Council decided on July 22.
- Infuriated with this reply, Lear divides her portion between his other daughters, with the condition that himself with 100 knights shall be maintained by each daughter in turn.
- A sister shares only half the portion of her brothers under the Quranic laws of inheritance - the assumption being that her husband will maintain her.
- Islam, however, under the Shari'a law, provides a portion of the estate for widows.
- Standish decided to put a portion of his share of the alms given to us by the celebrated Plenipotentiary Of Meat toward playing the numbers-lottery.
- It has 18 months from the June 30 date of listing to raise the portion of shares in public hands to one-quarter of the company.
- In this period the cost of the U.S. portion - the largest share of the project - began to draw the attention of NASA and the U.S. Congress.
- According to the Affidavit of William Sutton he and his wife began to formulate a plan to develop and sell portions of the cottage property.
- Or just run the auction again, but only for the dissatisfied people and only to divide up their portion of the rent as determined by the first auction.
- The Parish is being divided up and portions are being allocated to Salthill, St. Joseph's and the Claddagh Parishes.
- This results in the spousal portion are about $1,300 per month.
- The sponsorship money from Standard Bank is divided into three portions.
- The legal description for the site, described on plan A1.1, includes the three parcels of land purchased by the Defendant and a portion of the adjacent Town parkland to the west.
- Upon the death of a landowner, land is divided in equal portions among the surviving children.
- In such cases of unequal division, the husband is allocated the largest portion in accordance with ‘tradition’.
- Having unknowingly signed over a significant portion of her shares, she found she no longer had a veto on rights sales.
- The letters became public as Stringer sued her lover's brother to obtain a small portion of the estate.
- Even if a province does not use all of its weekly allocation, it still gets the whole portion for the next week.
- Whole portions of the story can be missed if the player isn't at the right place, at the right time.
- Indeed, to evaluate the prospects of a proposed intervention, one must attempt to project the effects of the change upon the whole, not just upon a portion of the whole.
- They decided to drop a whole portion of the route, and instead go the long way, abandoning Vrygunst mountain and instead going around Tafelburg.
- In this process, we keep the animals in some portion of the land for some time then shift them into another portion until the whole field gets fertilized.
- Many proteins show homology across their whole length or across portions of their sequence, therefore many of the digestion products of such proteins may be identical.
- The ‘crankshaft’ style release pattern may result from a recoil artefact causing apparent age variations in the finer grained portions of this whole rock sample.
- However, as suppliers are forced to take on increased responsibility for whole portions of the vehicle, new issues emerge - liability for one.
- But when modern societies abolished the stigmas on illegitimacy, divorce, and all the rest, whole portions of the social structure just caved in.
- In economic terms, every economy has a right to resort to purely economic measures in a situation where a certain portion or the whole economy is jeopardised through foreign trade.
- It's much nicer to be on a brightly lit television set with an entertainer for a judge in front of you, and the whole nation or a portion of the nation with nothing better to do watching.
- However, many processed foods can be enriched in dietary fibre through the addition of the bran portion of whole grain.
- The analysis of data is based on a portion of the whole survey.
- Has this, in your opinion, set back the question of Israel and the Palestinian state and that whole portion of the Middle East?
- In our first volume we merely described that part of Etna which has been formed during the historical era; an insignificant portion of the whole mass.
- And I've only really investigated a small portion of the whole place.
- Interfaith relationships can be more difficult for Wiccans and other Pagans, for the simple reason that, to begin with, we are only a small portion of the whole society.
- Fair use or fair dealing depend more on the portion of the whole rather than word count.
- You look down from a helicopter and you see the blocks go by underneath you and you think for a second it could be any midsized town in America, till you notice that there's whole portions blacked out.
- In plants, retroelement DNA accounts for a large portion of the repeat fraction.
2literario(fate)destino masculinosino masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.