In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1retrato masculinoa collection of portraiture — una colección de retratos
- These were no doubt portraitures of both heaven and earth, over which he, as their conqueror, was given all power.
- The dominant trend in African American portraitures, however, has been created and nurtured by succeeding generations of white imagemakers, beginning as far back as the colonial era.
- Undoubtedly, the author's unique use of newspapers, portraitures, plantation records and diaries, and traveler's accounts, allows readers to get a glimpse of slaves' own insights regarding their nightmarish circumstance.
- Like little portraitures and landscapes, they give the reader glimpses into people and places long since gone.
- Recently he has begun a portraiture project on people coming from and going to their place of worship.
- The week before's outdoor session was rained off, but nothing daunted the members adjourned to the clubroom where an impromptu portraiture session was set up, with members being put through their paces by Michael O'Sullivan.
- A better definition would hold that caricature is an artistic mode, usually in the form of a portraiture, in which the characteristic features of the subject are presented in a way that deforms or exaggerates their shape for comic effect.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.