In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Arte representación femeninoArte manera de representar femeninoLiteratura descripción femeninoTeatro interpretación femenino
- Audiences are delighted by her portrayal of Brooks' crochety attitude.
- Jones provides a trenchant portrayal of a boy in desperate pursuit of his dreams.
- His portrayal of a tortured child, brutally beaten into adult villainy gives depth to what is otherwise just your average mad, evil, genius hell-bent on destroying Earth.
- This is the best way I can praise this lady for a super portrayal.
- Fans of Jude Law will not be disappointed, as his vivid portrayal of a unique character is memorable.
- What saves the film, without doubt, is Ben Kingsley's portrayal of Fagin, which is brilliant.
- He was best known for his portrayal of fatherly roles in many TV dramas.
- The Greek middle classes fare not much better in Tsiolkas's simplistic, one-dimensional portrayal.
- She has created books that provide true and positive portrayals of Black historical figures, heritage, and experiences.
- Thus, the portrayal of the story became the most important aspect.
- Dench has been nominated for a best actress Oscar for her portrayal of British novelist Iris Murdoch's decline into Alzheimer's disease in the movie Iris.
- Cruise's cool detachment as he watches a killing that will happen really adds to the genuine feeling of his portrayal.
- Michael Schultz showed less refinement in his portrayal of William.
- Howe, though, went on to criticize both James Baldwin and Ralph Ellison for their evasive portrayal of Negro life.
- By combining complementary archeological, historical and ethnographic information, the author is, nevertheless, able to give a convincing portrayal of prehispanic Philippine chiefdoms.
- In the title role, Campbell Scott gives a wonderfully compelling portrayal.
- The authors discuss Ngugi's Marxist approach as it informs his portrayal of the postcolony (elitism, class formation, corruption).
- A little more delineation between the two sides of the character would have further advanced what was a fair portrayal.
- Best known for his controversial portrayal of the Kennedys, he had later in his career earned fame for a different subject.
- The exhibition also contains some satirical portrayals of the British elite, which benefited from the salve trade, for example, Sir Foster Cunliffe by Yinka Shonibare of the U. K.
- This book is a powerful portrayal of today's inner-city youth.
- William Shatner won for his portrayal of Denny Crane in Boston Legal.
- Brown is a wonderful actor who has to fill some big shoes, and his portrayal of Viktor is both sympathetic and touching.
- The Roosevelt Myth is a devastating portrayal of FDR.
- Surprisingly, Paul Kaye as the erstwhile burglar Mike, give a relaxed and convincing portrayal of a working class intellectual.
- The book has been inspiration for both Cavanagh's production and Dibblee's portrayal.
- The portrayal of the characters was good I thought.
- The film was a close portrayal of the rise and fall of the stock market gangsters and insider dealers of the time.
- But the real star was José van Dam as Hans Sach, whose singing was always impressive and his portrayal dignified.
- Just as predictably, their basis for that outrage is a highly dishonest portrayal of what Forrest writes.
- The $25,000 award and specially designed National Portrait Gallery medal honor individual excellence in presidential service and portrayal.
- I know it isn't politically correct, but I was impressed at the convincing portrayal.
- The author also portrays Margaret's husband John not as the militant Protestant of some portrayals, but very supportive of his wife.
- Many critics have lambasted the female characters in his plays as two-dimensional and unrealistic portrayals of subservient women.
- The book is an amusing and evocative portrayal of his journey and his encounters with Indian babudom and other normal Indians on the way.
- For years George Cole has delighted TV and film audiences with his portrayal of cheeky conmen.
- Studies of the portrayal of accountants and accounting in novels, movies, humour and satire, have already commenced.
- "Growth of the Soil" is an Old Testament-style portrayal of stolid mountain dwellers.
- However, it was Hope Brown's portrayal of the serial killer Lucius that dominated the proceedings.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.