In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The full scattering amplitude is the sum of all contributions from all possible loops of photons, electrons, positrons, and other available particles.
- The decaying atoms emit positrons, which encounter electrons and are annihilated, releasing pairs of gamma rays.
- The term accelerators most commonly refers to particle accelerators, devices for increasing the velocity of subatomic particles such as protons, electrons, and positrons.
- So the normally stable proton can decay into a neutron, a positron, and a neutrino if continuously fed enough energy through constant, extreme acceleration.
- Electrons, positrons, and photons can be separated and isolated at macroscopic distances.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.