In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1apartado postal masculinoapartado de correos masculinocasilla postal femenino Cono Sur Perúcasilla de correo(s) femenino Cono Sur Perú
- Two hundred submissions from eager new writers arrive at his post office box near his home in Rathgar, Dublin, every year.
- Beware of promoters who are not locally based, provide no telephone number and who use a post office box or mail drop rather than a full street address.
- The registrant's address is a post office box; the phone number listed in the registration has been disconnected.
- It suggests that people might not have a mailbox, but instead a post office box.
- Setting up a home office is recommended because it is affordable, simple, and convenient; however, obtaining a post office box may be the best option for receiving business mail.
- The cost, $378 U.S., was to be sent to a post office box in Panama.
- If your Honour looks at any of the documents, the address for service appears to be a post office box, which I do not think is appropriate.
- If you are a post office box in this profession and if you serve someone's interests which are in discrepancy with your own professionalism then it is obvious.
- Any correspondence or donations mailed to our street address or to our post office box in Washington either was quarantined or has been slow to deliver.
- I also stopped past my new post office box on Wednesday, which was christened with its first letter.
- And it was thrilling, I must admit, when checks started appearing in my post office box, even though the thrill came tinged with shame.
- The scratch card was received on December 5 last and he promptly sent the ‘winning ticket’ off to the designated address, a post office box in Dublin.
- ‘The cargo was destined for a company with a post office box in Khartoum that does not exist,’ he said.
- He used the same documents to open 42 new accounts at various banks, and in all cases he gave his mailing address as a newsagency post office box which the banks were happy to accept.
- To ensure the privacy of your home address, you may choose to use a post office box as your address of record.
- The company was hiding behind a post office box and did not give me a real contact phone number or address.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.