In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The introduction of postal codes should help the process.
- Actually, the ‘fax your mp’ link will tell you from your postal code.
- And then there's the question of how often the postal codes change and how you'd track those changes.
- He came up with the electronic voting scheme which eventually ended in tears and now he's proposing the introduction of postal codes.
- I believe that a proper postal code system would deliver mail at least one day sooner and result in more efficient express shipments delivered to my work in South Tipperary.
- I don't even give retail markets my postal code or telephone number when they ask me at checkout time.
- ‘One explanation for the relatively slow rate of mail growth in Ireland may be that it is the only member state without a postal code system,’ the consultants said.
- London SW1, the London postal code of Downing Street and the various ministries of the government, appears to be on full alert.
- Hope I got all the postal codes correct and you actually receive them.
- He meanwhile hinted he would be in favour of introducing postal codes as some addresses placed on envelopes were ‘not particularly informative’.
- However, it is unclear whether credit card companies can enforce those provisions in Ireland because numerical postal codes outside Dublin are limited.
- It was called following allegations that in one ward alone, 3,000 out of 7,000 postal codes were stolen, altered or falsified during last year's local elections.
- British reminders of home include bright red postal vans emblazoned with ‘use your postal code.’
- Councils in Greater Manchester are joining forces to fight a postal code lottery that means they get about £40 a person less than the national average to provide services and tackle poverty.
- It is clear that in spite of modern technology, sorting machines, postal codes etc, the deliveries get worse.
- The postal code has been omitted from the newspaper notice submitted.
- Things would be even more promising if Ireland had a normalised postal code system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.